Friday, 2 November 2012

Halloween nails

Hello everyone!

In celebration of Halloween this year I thought I'd try something a bit different and continue the theme onto my finger nails. I tried to do a Frankenstein style look as you will see!

I used a base coat, a green nail varnish for the colour, a black nail art pen and a white nail art pen. I used Collection 2000's Hot Looks Fast Dry 59 called Look At Me for the base colour for the nails. 

I used a black nail art pen I got in a set from the Ideal Home exhibition, similar ones are also available from Models Own, or nail art sets are available for a reasonable price on eBay or Amazon.
I also used a white nail art pen which I got from Models Own and it costs around £6 but I was lucky to get it when I still worked in Boots and had the discount!
For the base coat and the top coat, I used Miss Sporty's base coat, as it'll stop the colour from seeping into the nail and also give it a smooth shine once done.


This is the second coat of Collection 2000 Look At Me nail polish. As you can see on the thumb nail I have started the hair design so it'll look like little Frankensteins ha!

I used the black nail art pen to do the hair and mouth. I used the nib end rather than the striper section. For the hair I emulated a zig zag pattern to look like hair. and for the mouth I drew a line near the end of the nail and smaller vertical lines going through it. 

I then used the white nail art pen to do white dots in the beneath the hair and above the smile to look like eyes. I then did two smaller black dots in the white dots to make them look more eye like. Underneath this i also drew smaller black dots to look like nostrils. 

The finished look!

Hope you liked it :) 

A x

0 comments:

Post a Comment