Thursday, 21 February 2013

Liebster Award!!

A few days ago the lovely Isobel (http://lashingsoflipstick.blogspot.co.uk/ )  nominated me for a Liebster Award. I've seen this on a few other people's blogs and it probably sounds crazy/cringy but this actually meant so much to me. It means a lot that people actually read what I write and follow my blog as I've wanted to do something like this for ages. So basically I'm saying a little thank you to you all. 




The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, Liebster is a word in German that means kindest. 

The basic rules of the Liebster Award are as followed:

  • You must link back to the person who nominated you.
  • You must write 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Then answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you. 
  • Then you must nominate 11 other bloggers and come up with 11 random questions for them to answer.
So here goes..

11 facts about me!

  1. My name is Abbie Tanner and I am 18 years old.
  2. My birthday is the 27th of January and I am born on my Mum's birthday as well.
  3. My favourite animals are elephants.
  4. I want to travel the world, so far I have been to Crete twice, Italy, Madeira, Portugal and Malta. 
  5. I have one sister who is two years older than me,she is called Bronya.
  6. When I was younger my favourite band was s club 7 and I still know all the words to Don't stop Movin'.. I'm too cool right? haha!
  7. I have an obsession with reality tv shows, you name it, I'll be watching it.
  8. I love chinese food.
  9. I believe in the power of magpies.
  10. I have an elephant onesie and it is the comfiest thing you'll ever put on.
  11. H&M is probably my favourite high street shop. I think about 70% of my wardrobe is from there.
Questions from Isobel:

Who is your favourite youtuber? For make up tutorials I'd have to say Tanya Burr. But for comedy reasons either GloZell or Jenna Marbles. 

What inspired you to start your blog and when did you start blogging? 
I don't think I had a direct inspiration, I've watched dozens of make up and other beauty tutorials on youtube for years and I could never pluck up the courage to do vlogs, so I think I decided to do a blog to post what I was thinking or feeling, so hopefully people would like it and read it! And I think I made the blog in July but couldn't think of a name and then Pride and Pedicure was a suggestion by my friend Ellie , mid phonecall, as I love reading so much. So I officially started blogging in September 2012.

What is/was your favourite subject at school and why?
In lower school I absolutely loved French. Especially in years 10 and 11 when I was aged 15/16. I really enjoyed learning another language and I think the fact that I got on well with my teacher Mrs Thompson helped and it improved my grade massively. I found that when you actually like your teacher you are more inclined to want to work harder in those lessons as well which i did.  I was predicted a B or an A but unfortunately I got a C in my GCSE for it which isn't bad, its a pass but for the sixth form I go to, you need a B to do it. I think if I got a B or an A for my french I would have definitely have done it within my A levels. But I do still see my french teacher from time to time and she always stops to have a chat, which is nice! 
Currently at sixth form I would say my favourite subject would be English, again because I get on well with both my teachers but mainly because I love reading.

What do you want to achieve by blogging?
Um.. I want people to read what I write and like it mainly. No one sets out to write aimlessly for no reason. I love knowing that I have a tiny, tiny slice of the internet and that someone is reading what I've got to say. 

What is your best beauty buy which was under £5?
Either BarryM lip paints or their nail varnishes.

What is your favourite meal?
oooh its a toughie between a chinese, I'm talking sweet and sour chicken hong kong style, seaweed, sesame toast, prawn crackers.. the works! Or some nice, home cooked comfort food like toad in the hole with a load of gravy.

Do you know/have any make up dupes? 
Um.. well i find that its easier to apply mascara by shutting one eye and pulling it taut, so putting one finger by the side and pulling the skin back it makes it easier to apply mascara. I find that sometimes the lashes look a little longer too as you can see what you're doing. Try it and see!

Which book are you currently reading,or what was the last book you read?
Right now I am reading The Beautiful and The Damned by F.Scott Fitzgerald. And the last book I read other than King Lear for my english exam was Extremely Loud and Incredibly close which is fantastic,I'd recommend it!

What is an essential clothing item that everyone should have in their wardrobes? 
I think everyone should own a good pair of jeans that are comfy, flattering look good.

What is a film that you have seen loads of times but still love it? 
I have a tendency of watching films over and over again, but I'd have to say either A Cinderalla Story or Grease.

What is your favourite quote?
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world" -George Bernard Shaw

Blogs I'm nominating!!











My questions!

  1. Who is your style inspiration?
  2. Why did you start blogging and when?
  3. Tea or coffee?
  4. If you could go anywhere in the world right now where would you go and why?
  5. What is in your make up bag?
  6. Who's your favourite blogger?
  7. What is your favourite brand for make up? and brand for clothing?
  8. What is your favourite tv show?
  9. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be and why?
  10. Who inspires you?
  11. What has been your biggest/most embarassing fashion faux pas?

I would love it if you would post the links of your answers to me, I'd love to know what you all wrote! 

Thanks for reading, A. x


10 comments:

Post a Comment