Happy Halloween all you ghosts and ghouls!!
Ever since I was small I have enjoyed Halloween, from the dressing up, to the sweets, trick or treating and apple bobbing too. I have decided to do a half face make up look with one half a skull and the other half just normal make up.
Thursday, 31 October 2013
Happy Halloween all you ghosts and ghouls!!
Monday, 28 October 2013
Hello!! How are you all?
So Boho Bun (great blog, I urge you to check it out!) nominated me for the Sunshine award!! Which I am super touched by. So thank you!!
The sunshine award is given to bloggers that spread kindness and creativity.
- I never really know what to write for these things. Ok, my favourite pancake topping is lemon and sugar.
- I watch scary films even though they terrify me.
- I have a natural blonde streak at the back of my head. Whenever I get my hair cut it is invariably pointed out.
- When I was a child Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl was my favourite book followed closely by a lot of Jacqueline Wilson's books.
- I like to make people laugh.
- My least favourite trait of mine is that I can be quite fickle.
- I get bored of things quite quickly. I tend to listen to a track over and over again until I hate it. Eat something a lot until the sheer thought of it makes me feel ill.
- I'd love to travel across North America. There is so much of it I want to see.
- I've never broken a bone( yet anyway)
- Quentin Tarantino has some crackin' soundtracks to his films. I have bought the Django Unchained soundtrack.
- I like the taste of lemons. If there's a slice in my drink I'm more than likely to fish it out and eat it..
If you could choose a different name, what would it be and why?
I don't mind my name. My sister says I'd suit the name Louise. I also like the name Phoebe or Lola.
If you had a superpower, what would it be and how would you use it?
Hmm after seeing About Time the other week I think I would like to be able to travel back in time and change things. I would use it for the good of course!
What is the first item on your winter wardrobe wishlist?
I want to get some comfy ankle boots.
What do you want for Christmas?
I DON'T KNOW YET.
What is your favourite song featured in a movie?
Young and Beautiful - Lana Del Rey in Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby.
Do you believe in any weird 'fictional' being?
Um not really. I kind of believe in the paranormal and ghosts etc. Although ghosts scare me so as long as they're friendly ghosts..
What is your favourite ever item of clothing?
Jumpers. I wear them all the time. Oversized ones, knitted ones, cosy ones, scratchy knitted ones, christmas ones you name it I'll have it (jumper wise) I wear them with jeans, skirts, over a dress. On a sunday with pj's and a cuppa.
If you could dye your hair a different colour, what would it be?
Bright blue a la Katy Perry. I'd want to do something completely different and a little crazy.
You have all the money in the world. Make yourself a futuristic invention. What would it be?
A good phone with internet with a battery that lasts for a week.
If you happened to be zapped by a machine which could alter your DNA and transform you into something, what would it be? E.g. animal, aspect of nature, another human being etc.
Thursday, 24 October 2013
Autumn is probably my favourite season. The crisp, cold mornings followed by the sunny afternoons. The colours changing on the trees, Halloween, pumpkin carving, the conkers falling off the trees. Knitwear is also a must for autumn whether that be a comfy jumper or a nice scarf or snood.
Not too far from where I live is a lovely national trust place and in the Autumn it looks so pretty there with the wonderful display of pretty, colourful leaves. I went there today with Mum and although it was a bit of a drab day, I think I got some nice photos!
|Leaves and conkers on the ground.|
|One of the cute little grotto's there.|
|Like a mirror reflection|
|I love the colour of these leaves.|
|There were so many coins thrown into the lake.|
|Another cute little old building.|
|I love these windows.|
|Inside there was this chair made out of an old tree stump.|
|Also inside the old building were labels you could take and write down memories on, which I thought was a really cool idea.|
|Here's a tree inside covered in other people's memory labels. It was hard to resist not to read them all!|
|Inside another grotto were a few statues. Here is one of them.|
|The view from the grotto.|
|Inside the grotto.|
|There was a hole in the roof letting light in.|
|Another view from inside the grotto.|
|This sign was placed above the exit of the grotto. I think it's latin???|
|Such a pretty leaf!!|
|Mum reading something (world's most pointless caption)|
|It also has a church there too.|
Thanks for reading, I hope you liked this post! Love, a x
Wednesday, 23 October 2013
HELLO! How are you all, you lovely lot?
So yesterday I splurged. What makes it worse is that payday is a lot further away than I originally thought so it looks like I won't be doing anything until then..
But here are the things that I got:
|I got this coat in Primark for £25 and I love it! I saw it on another blogger's post and I really liked it.|
|This is the material of the coat. it's really soft and cosy.|
|I really like the oversized look.|
|And I love the giant pockets. Perfect for hiding vaseline tins in, in the winter!|
|I also picked up some sweets to leave in my car.|
|I got this red velvet skirt in Primark for £8. I'm looking forward to wearing it on a night out with a leather jacket and cut out boots.|
- ► 2015 (46)
- ► 2014 (80)
- Halloween make up!!
- Sunshine award #2 yay
- I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octo...
- My 'I spent too much, payday is too far away and n...
- Nails, nails, nails!
- Barry M eye shadow palette
- About Time
- Halloween nails
- Sunshine award
- Chelsea Doll wishlist
- Hollywood nails
- New hair
- Versatile blogger award
- I'VE CHANGED MY BLOG NAME AGAIN
- Boots,Superdrug and New Look haul
- Removing glitter nail varnish
- ▼ October (18)