Sunday, 20 October 2013

About Time

Hello! 

Last night I went out with one of my close friends, Titch (her real name is Alex but because I have only ever called her by her nickname it's weird to call her by her actual name) anyway we went out for a meal at Chiquito's which is a tex-mex restaurant and then went to see About Time. 

I was a little bit sceptical about Chiquito's food because as much as I love mexican food when I have it at home it's never very hot or spicy and I don't really like food that is too hot. Nevertheless I really enjoyed my meal and it was quite mild too. 

For starter's I had nacho's with sour cream, salsa and guacamole ooh and cheese we must never ever forget cheese. It was a massive bowl and it was YUM. Titch had deep filled potato skins and you had a choice of what the filling could be and she had bbq pulled pork and cheese and it looked and smelled delicious. 

The mains took a while to come out but they said at the beginning they had a big party in and the restaurant was quite busy, we made it in time for the film so it was alright in the end. 
For the main meal I got a wrap called The Border which was really lovely. In it was southern fried chicken, bbq sauce, ranch sauce and lettuce leaves. On the side of this came some skin on fries, salad and coleslaw. It was really tasty but there was a little bit too much so I couldn't finish it all. Titch had a bbq pulled pork burger with a side of fries and coleslaw. When it came out it looked really good ,and to be fair I had food envy everywhere I looked here. 

I hadn't ever been to a Chiquito's before and I really enjoyed it. I thought the food was really good and I liked the chilled out feel of the place. Each table even had a martini glass full of popcorn on each table, which I thought was a really novel idea. 

We then went to see About Time and I really enjoyed it. It's a typical Richard Curtis romcom with lashings of laughs throughout towards the end it gets quite sad however but I really enjoyed it and would recommend it. The actors/actresses in it are Rachel McAdams, Domhnall Gleeson (Bill Weasley from Harry Potter) as well as Bill Nighy. 

I really liked About Time and would totally recommend anyone to watch it plus it's the only film I've ever cried at in the cinema! 

Thanks for reading, I hope you liked it. Love, a X

0 comments:

Post a Comment