Sunday, 20 October 2013

Barry M eye shadow palette

Hello!! I hope you've all had a lovely weekend so far. 

This post is quite overdue, I got sent the new Barry M smokey eye shadow palette a few weeks ago and I've been meaning to put this post up but I have been a bit lazy and something would get in the way. 

So Barry M have launched three new eye and cheek palettes recently from Smokin' Hot, Glamour Puss and Natural Glow. They cost £6.49 and come with six different eye shadow shades inside and one cheek blush. You can create your own look using the great shades inside to make something to suit you. 



The inside view of the palette. And my top knot.  I like that this palette comes with a mirror in case you're doing you're make up on the go. I think it's a nice touch but I doubt I'd use that as I prefer to be able to rest my arms on a table to steady them and use my make up mirror.

I really like the fact that there is a white and a peach eye shadow as these could be used as eyeshadows for a lighter, daytime look or even as a highlighter underneath the brow. 


After swatching them I realised that the white and peach shades didn't really show up after application. I tried to take a clearer shot of them and added more colour but it still didn't make much of a difference which was annoying. 

I swatched them from l-r to right in the palette and on my hand. As you can see the black shades come out nicely  and they don't fade that easily too. The second black shade in from my thumb has glittery silver specks in it so it'd look great  on a night out. 
I think the white is a lot clearer in this one. 

Also here the lighter shades should be a bit easier to see.


With this eye shadow palette the first five shades are more of a powder consistency making them easy to apply. I like the fact the darker black eye shadow is of a slightly more waxy consistency thus meaning it should last longer on the lids or can be used to double up as an eyeliner.

The blush shade works well with my skin tone as it's a pinky colour and as I have very fair skin it gives a nice rosy glow.

Thanks for reading, I hope you liked it. Love, A x


0 comments:

Post a Comment