Thursday, 5 December 2013

December 4th

Hi! I hope you're all well and getting well and truly into the Christmas spirit!

I realise I haven't posted anything in a while and seeing as I did a few things yesterday this post will be all about what I've been getting up to since we last spoke which was a week ago today! 

I've been at work quite a lot recently which has been nice! I get along really well with the other ladies I work with and also an extra few pennies will be great for the January sales and mine and my Mum's birthday at the end of next month! I have also been super organised this year and almost finished my Christmas shopping, bar a few small details, well in advance! 

Other than that I haven't really done a lot apart from yesterday. For Mother's Day this year my sister, Bronya, and I bought our Mum tickets to see Boyzone at the bic in Bournemouth.  We headed down to Bournemouth mid afternoon and decided to do a bit of shopping first! We went to the out of town shopping park, Castlepoint. To tell you the truth I was left a bit unimpressed with most things in shops right now. I think everyone seems to be in that awkward fashion phase of wanting to look nice yet also wanting to be warm and cosy! However I did manage to get a small something in Boots. 

We headed into Bournemouth town at about half past five. We walked through the gardens which was looking really pretty and wintry. The Christmas lights were up and the ice skating rink was in full swing too. In Bournemouth square they had a live band playing and the German Christmas market there too. To sum up I was feeling very Christmassy. 

We went to eat at La Tasca. They had an offer on for a starter and three tapas for £9.99 so we all did this. I always forget how filling the food is in places like this and can never quite finish. I had Bread and oils to start as did my sister. Whereas my Mum opted for the healthy option of the green salad. To follow I had the meatballs in a tomato sauce, chicken and chorizo paella and those chicken croquettes. My sister had the paella, meatballs and the fried potatoes in a spicy tomato sauce. My Mum had the paella too, the chicken croquettes and the deep fried white fish. To drink I had a woo-woo, my sister had a sangria and my mum had cava royale..fancy!

I've only ever been to La Tasca two or three times before and I have to say I haven't been overly smitten. The first time I went, me and mum went to the exeter one and I liked it then. Second time I wasn't that keen. I'm not a vegetarian but I don't tend to eat a lot of meat. I could quite happily not eat it but there isn't much on this menu that is a bit different. I'm quite a fussy eater. 

Yes, so Boyzone. We got to the Bic and got some drinks and made our way to our seats. We got there about ten to seven and the doors were already open. I wasn't really sure what to expect with the other crowd members. I went to t4 on the beach twice, I've been to a Blink 182 concert and mcfly and as you can imagine they all attract different audiences but the main age group tends to be teenagers/young adults. Last night was a bit different, considering the fact I think my sister and I were some of the younger people in the room! There were a lot of old people in the room which I wasn't necessarily expecting! I imagined it to be a lot more of people my parent's ages so in their 40's to 50's. Nevertheless we had a good time.

The support act was a woman all the way from Texas, America. Her name was Jessica Clemmons and she had a very good voice. Her style of music I'd say is a mix of pop and country.  It's not really the type of music I'd listen to but I thought it was good. 

Then Boyzone cam on stage at around quarter to nine and I think Mum fangirled a little bit a lot! when Ronan Keating came on. The age difference of the audience was something that I noticed. Most concerts or gigs I've been to everybody is up on their feet dancing and clapping and last night nearly everybody who was sat in the seated sections remained seated until the encore. They sang a mixture of their old songs and some from their new album, and during their concert they brought a table and chairs out onto the stage and sat round sharing stories on Stephen Gately who passed away several years ago, then raised a glass to him.
Overall I think we all enjoyed ourselves and a had a good evening! After concerts I always want to go home and book tickets for more!

Thanks for reading, I hope you liked it. Love, A x

0 comments:

Post a Comment