Tuesday, 17 December 2013

If I was to know..

It's weird to think how quickly time flies and how much can change in a short space of time.  Just yesterday I was thinking how good 2013 has been for me.  Thinking back now to how different everything is and I am compared to last year is extraordinary! 

This time last year I was feeling very lost and insecure. I didn't really have a best friend nor anyone to really rely on outside family I however felt I had a lot of good friends. I wanted to leave sixth form in the middle of my A Levels as I really wasn't having a good time there. Everyone else around me knew what they wanted to do career wise and were applying to universities whilst I had no idea, and still don't. 

If I was to know then a year from now that those people who I called good friends would stop talking to me I think back then it would have felt like the end of the world. But now, I can happily admit I only have two or three friends outside family and I don't care. They are the greatest friends I've ever had and they are ten times better than the people I thought I was close to.

If I was to know a year ago that I would end up sticking out at sixth form and getting better grades than all my teachers predicted I wouldn't have believed you. I was really unhappy during sixth form. I met a lot of my friends through sixth form so I am thankful and loved sixth form for that aspect. However I didn't really enjoy the subjects I did (english literature and language, psychology and media studies) I struggled quite a lot and didn't get to grips with it unlike the majority of my classmates.  Because of this my teachers predicted me grades like D's and E's. Which to many is a good thing, it's still a grade but in this day and age we've been taught to aim for the absolute best so A's and A*s are commonly received. In the summer I passed all three of my A Levels and got three C's which I was super pleased with! It may not be the best grades and I certainly know a lot of people who would've been disappointed with those grades and I also know people who would have been pleased all the same.  Looking back now I am so glad I stuck it out as I wouldn't have known what I'd have done if I did leave!

Looking back to last year now I would have never have thought I would have passed my driving test first time round with only one minor!! 

Looking back now I would never have thought that I'd be in a job that I really like and get along really well with all the ladies I work with! It may not be something I particularly want to do in life but I enjoy working there. 

And finally this time last year I would have never ever have envisaged my blog to have grown as much as it did! It means the world to me that people read what I write and every single follow or comment makes me smile, so thank you! 


I hope 2014 is even better than 2013 has been so far!

 What are your highlights of 2013?

Thanks for reading, I hope you liked it! Love, a x


0 comments:

Post a Comment