Tuesday, 27 May 2014

My weekend away

Hello!


After I finished work on Saturday this weekend my dad and I drove down and met my mum, sister and puppy at my grandparents holiday home just outside of seaside town Lyme Regis in Dorset. We stayed there from Saturday evening to Tuesday afternoon and it was really nice to just get away for a few days as well as having the Monday and Tuesday off of work! I thought I'd share some snaps of what I got up to with you all. 

On Sunday we first went to a cute little farm shop.
They had so many nice foods and drinks and the owners go to France once a week to pick up some fresh new produce. 
I spotted some rather lovely BN biscuits which I remembered from when I was a child. 
So I bought two, the dark chocolate and the milk chocolate one. 

Some various French soups.

Giant babybel.

French biscuits too! Why does everything look and sound so much nicer when it has foreign writing on it..? Is it just me that thinks this?! 

Here's an example of this though! Limonata sounds a lot nicer than Lemonade. 

The vast array of Lindt chocolates was like a dream, wasabi flavour sounds a bit too out there for me I think! 

They also sold these Lindt Creation chocolate bars which all had a gorgeous, rich, creamy filling! 

Whilst on my travels on Sunday I spotted a car very similar to the Harry Potter car. 
Weasley car! 

Oh I do love to be beside the seaside.. Beach huts in the spring sunshine.

I saw some cool architecture above an ice cream shop. 

Yesterday I had a lazy day as I wasn't feeling too great and the weather was overcast. 

Today we popped into town in the morning and we went into an antique shop on the seafront which had some really cool things. 

Some vintage brooches for sale in there. 

Cups, plates and saucers galore!

Some old pennies for sale.

I love the vibrant patterns and colours of some of the vintage clothes. 

Some vintage rings. I've just realised how bad the photography is here in this picture, sorry! Underneath you can also see a Babycham deer!

I have a thing for turquoise and silver jewellery at the moment and these rings were right up my street.

Pink house on the seafront. 

There is also a Seasalt shop in the town it used to be an outlet store although I'm not sure if it still is.

The view from the middle of the high street.

At the top end of town there was a vintage indoor market going on and I spotted these gorgeous brooches glistening away. Note my tatty converse in the bottom of the picture too..oops!

I saw this giant amethyst too. I think there's something about this that I find so interesting, the vivid colours of the purple in the stone, the texture of the stone and how ostentatiously it stands. 

Little Charlie is also seven months old today!

Thanks for reading, I hope you liked this post! Love, A x

0 comments:

Post a Comment