Tuesday, 26 August 2014

August haul

Hello everyone! I hope you're all well.


So I went shopping today with my mum and sister and I most certainly shopped til I could have dropped. I bought a few things that I've really wanted for some time now and a few other little bits too. 

I'll start with Primark. I was a little disappointed with some of the things in Primark at the moment, nothing was really jumping out at me screaming 'BUY ME' although I did pick up a basic grey cami top for £2.50. 

It's a basic wardrobe staple and I could pair it with jeans, shorts or even tucked into a skater skirt or something. Plus it was such a steal at £2.50!! 

Next I'll show the things I got in Lush. I'm feeling a bit low and in need of a pamper so skipped into the store and picked up three bath bombs. 

The first one I picked up was Butterball. 
This one is great if you suffer with dry or sensitive skin, it contains cocoa butter which is good to soothe and soften the skin leaving it feeling silky soft. It also contains the essential oil Ylang Ylang which is a great relaxant dealing with stress and depression. 

I also picked up Fizzbanger. 
I picked this one up nearly wholly based on the bold, vibrant yellow colour too it. It has an amazing apple and cinnamon smell as well as containing popping candy as well! I've never used it before but it sounds like it'll make lots of fizz and bubbles!

Lastly I picked up Twilight. 
I've never tried this one before but it looked pretty and pink so I wanted to try it. It contains lavender oil and Ylang Ylang oil releasing a sweet and floral scent. These both are also calming and soothing essential oils so will leave me feeling relaxed. 

Next in Superdrug I picked up something I've really wanted to get for quite some time now and seen quite a lot of good reviews about. 


I'm really into the contoured look and would love to give it a go. After looking into which would be the best palette or set to get this one came out on top. I'm really looking forward to trying this, I'll post a review on it too! 

Next H&M. Probably my favourite shop on the high street. I can usually always go in here and find something reasonably priced that I like. 

I got this flannel shirt. I like wearing them over a black dress, I think they look quite cool but casual.

I also picked up a similar flannel shirt as I really like them. H&M fabric always feels really nice and the shirts fit nicely too. 

I got this oversized jumper for £7. It looks really cosy and I picked up one in a size bigger than my usual for a looser fit.

I got this cami vest. It is blue cami with a flower pattern. Around the top it has some lace which I thought looked cute. 
I think this would look nice with jeans and sandals. 

Lastly I got this blue and white ruffle cami top. Unless you haven't noticed I'm really loving cami tops at the moment! I thought the ruffle style was a bit different and the pattern is really cute too. 

It has a quirky spotty pattern to it and would look nice paired with some white or light blue jeans I think. 

Lastly, John Lewis. This product is something I've used before and will probably stay with me for the rest of my life. 
This is the Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb perfume. I got one for Christmas two years ago and there is a small amount left and I wanted to get some more. I absolutely adore this scent, so much so if I was rich I would bathe in it. The bottle is shaped like a grenade linking into the name and has beautiful sweet notes to it like vanilla, patchouli, jasmine and rose. It is my go-to scent and you can wear it day or night. 
John Lewis also kindly threw in some sample perfumes like ChloĆ© Chloe perfume, ChloĆ© Rose and the Roberto Cavalli perfume too. 

Thanks for reading, I hope you liked this post! Love, A x. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment