Monday, 4 August 2014

Born Pretty water nails decal review.

I love nail art. I always enjoy trying out new designs, looking at what's popular by The Illustrated Nail or Wah Nails, fiddling with false nails and seeing what I like to wear on my fingers and find comfortable. So when the lovely people at Born Pretty offered to send me two sets of water decals for my nails I was so excited to try them out.


Just to point out I have no formal qualification with make up or beauty everything I do is based off of my own knowledge. I don't have the steadiest hand so I always try to have something to rest on and spend a little extra time doing  it too. 


The first water decal set I used was this one above in the enchanting floral pattern which you can purchase here!


I started off with clear nails. I filed them down to the shape I wanted and buffed them too. 


I cut the decal square into four columns then I cut those into fours again. Just a bit bigger than my nail size. Before applying to my nails I cut them to a more exact nail size and shape. 

Next,  I filled my sink up with a small amount of water. 

This was a square I had left over and realised I didn't take many photos during this process. 

Basically you pop the decal you want to apply to your nail into the water for 10-20 seconds, as well as moistening your nail a little at the same time too. Once the decal is done you place it on your nail, puttin a bit of pressure on it, it'll release off of the paper on the back. Then flip the sticker decal side over and slide into the right place. This'll set and then cover with a top coat et voila you're all done!



Then for the French edge wafer decals in the Camellia pattern which you can buy here. I started with one hand with a white nail paint and the other with a black paint.



With these French tip style decals you do the exact same method as with the other decal set. 


And these below are the French tip decals. 

As you can see some of the decals are quite big and I have quite small nails. So if they are too big you can trim them to size before you stick them on.


Once again, you fill the sink up with a small amount of water.

The decal I have cut to size.

I left it to soak for 10-20 seconds.

It's on and now just leaving it to dry.

Halfway through. It's actually quite hard to do. Especially as they are a bit wet so slip away from the nail before drying.

I think it looks really cool against the black nails. I had to redo the pinky nail again as it was far too big haha!

Grr so annoying! Just as I was about to take this photo, one of the nail decals fell off.

As much as I liked the end look of both of these decals to use. I found it incredibly hard to do as the decals didn't stay in place. I was a bit dissapointed with these products as they looked really good on the website. 

Check out their website Born Pretty too for some great pieces at very affordable prices! 

Also! The very kind people at Born Pretty have given me a 10% discount code for you lovely readers to use at the checkout. The code is SAATX31. Happy shopping!!



Thanks for reading, I really hope you liked this post! Love, A x 

0 comments:

Post a Comment