Sunday, 7 September 2014

Miners volumising maxi mascara review

When it comes to make up my favourite look would be statement eye make up. From a grungy smokey eye, to the lids being delicately laced with a pastel shadow or a flick of liner I think will complete a whole outfit.


So when Miners Cosmetics dropped two of their new mascaras through my letterbox I was more than eager to test them out. 

The mascara comes in a pink, plastic tube and you can get it for £3.49 off of their website here

The mascara comes in two colours: Black and Carbon Black. They are both very similar however Carbon Black is slightly more pigmented giving a darker black colour. 


The wand itself is quite slim and the bristles are relatively small and have a curve to them. 


You might be able to see the curve a bit easier here. Having an hourglass like shape wand will help to add to the length and volume of the lashes. 

To show an example of the brush I'm going to show you a before and after using the Carbon Black mascara. 


So here I am, with not an ounce of make up on my face.

A close up shot of my make up free eyes so you can clearly see the difference before mascara is added.

I then used one coat of mascara just on one eye so you could see a difference. 
You can see the lashes on my left eye look bigger and longer than those on my right eye.

This picture also shows the difference.


Both sets of lashes with a coat of this mascara! 

I really liked this mascara and think it was a great price considering. 

The consistency of the formula isn't too dry or wet. When applying it doesn't make the lashes clump together too much either because of that. 

This mascara gives good volume to the lashes, doesn't make them feel crispy or hard and it dries very quickly too. 

It's easy to remove as well, a bit of eye make up remover on a cotton pad will do the trick! 

I can't really think of any negative points for this product because I think it's such great value for what it is. 

I think perhaps the packaging is a bit basic. 
It doesn't give a really huge amount of volume but it does lift the lashes. 

I would definitely recommend this product, I think it is well worth the money. 

Thanks for reading, I hope you liked this post. Love, A x 

0 comments:

Post a Comment