Sunday, 23 November 2014

Sleek face form contouring kit review

Hello! I hope you're all well and have had a lovely weekend! A few months ago I bought the Sleek contour, highlight and blush kit in light. Before I purchased this I had seen it floating about and I heard a lot of very good reviews about it so decided to take the plunge. Beforehand I hadn't really tried contouring, I always found it really fascinating how you could practically transform your entire face and bone structure.


First of I shall mention that this kit comes with a bronzer/contour which is a very matte colour. A highlight and a pink blush. I got this for £9.99 from Superdrug.

I actually really like the packaging for this, like the name, I think this kit looks very simple and sleek. I am so clumsy so automatically feel a bit nervous holding this in case I drop it and everything inside breaks up. Inside there is also a mirror too which I don't use, I feel I need a larger mirror as I'm not very good at it..yet!

Here's the inside. I really like the contour and highlight shades but I feel the blush is a little too pink and glittery for my liking.  So if I do use it I use it very, very sparingly. 

As you can see all the shades are incredibly pigmented.

I started off with no make up whatsoever on here.

I've applied a collection concealer under my eyes and on my blemishes. Then I applied a light layer of Rimmel London Wake Me Up foundation. I then used a Real techniques angled brush to apply the contour underneath my cheekbones as I've sucked in my cheeks while pulling 'duck face'. I applied the contour on my jawline and on my temples too to give my face a slimmer appearance. It gives a really nice sculpted and well defined effect. 

I apply the highlight above the contour, down my nose, on my Cupid's bow and beneath my eyebrow arch. It is a very light, glittery pearl shade. It gives your face a lovely, natural glow. 

I then apply the blush to the apples of my cheeks and blend well. 


You can see the defined line down my cheek bone. I really like this kit although I'm not very good at contouring yet so with time I hope I'll get a bit better and will be able to challenge Kim K in the contouring stakes!

Have you tried this contour kit? If so what do you think of it? 

I hope you liked this post, love A x.

0 comments:

Post a Comment