Thursday, 13 November 2014

Some bits from Miners Cosmetics

The very lovely people over at Miners Cosmetics send me their products to sample and review every month or so and I am incredibly lucky to be able to say that and also that we've had this partnership for about two years now. I am a big fan of their products (and I'm not just saying that) I used their eye shadows and concealer to death!


So this month I received a nice parcel after a long day at work and I was so excited to rip it open and try the new goodies inside. 

This month's package featured the new Autumn/Winter edition of the Unique You magazine and four new samples perfect for this season picked out by their brand ambassador, Hayley Sparkes. 

Here is the latest magazine, I'm looking forward to flicking through this on a lazy evening in. 

I received: 
A liquid liner 
A powder eyeshadow 
A lipstick 
A kohl pencil eye liner 

Starting off with the liquid eyeliner. I like that it comes in a small, hard plastic tube so it's easy to transport and pop in your clutch bag if you're going out for the night. 

The colour of it is a really dark blue which at first I was a bit wary of. I usually only wear black eyeliner so it was nice to try this. I have very light blue eyes anyway so the dark blue against the light blue looked really edgy. 

The fluid comes out nicely. I personally prefer a thick, bold, statement eye look so with this you may need to apply the colour a few times to get the look you are happy with. 


The nib is quite small and thin making it more precise however I found it quite hard so irritated my eye so I had to be quite gentle the next time I used it. 

This is the colour after one dip into the tube and one swipe across my hand. 

Next onto the lipstick. 
The one I got sent is called Kiss Me Quick and is a lovely soft pink shade. 

This is a part of their moisture effect range. It feels so smooth and silky to apply and doesn't leave my lips feeling dry at all. 

This shade has lovely coral undertones so will work differently on everyone creating unique shades for the wearer. 


This is the kohl pencil eyeliner in the colour blue. This is a much lighter blue compared to the liquid eyeliner. It has quite a creamy, easy to apply consistency  which I like.  Like I mentioned before about the colour of the liquid liner, I'm a bit nervous about trying new and bold colours but I'm sure I'll pluck up the courage to try this on a night out.

Lastly is the eyeshadow dip and define in the shade Damson Dust. This unscrews, one end is an eyeshadow brush on the lid and the bottom is filled with a metallic eyeshadow powder. 

I think this is a such a good idea to have the brush and powder included as one. I really like the metallic purple shade of this. You could wear this on it's own or use a darker purple or bronze to create a smokey eye. 

I've swatched all of these products.  From left to right is : 
Dip and define eyeshadow powder 
Blue liquid eyeliner
Moisture effect lipstick 
Blue kohl eye pencil. 

Thanks for reading this post. I hope you liked it! Love, A x

0 comments:

Post a Comment