Sunday, 5 April 2015

Creme egg brownies!

Happy Easter everyone and nothing says Happy Easter quite like a decadent day of non stop chocolate eating (and celebrating the rise of Jesus Christ too of course!)


So today being Easter Sunday we had a lazy day at home which was really nice as I'd been working a lot recently so haven't had time to do things that I'd been putting off and hadn't had time to do.

As an Easter treat I decided to make creme egg brownies! I love brownies and I love creme eggs I've never tried the two together but I've seen it everywhere and wanted to give it a go! 

Ingredients you will need: 
250g unsalted butter
200g dark chocolate 
80g cocoa powder
65g plain flour 
1tsp baking powder 
360g caster sugar 
4 large eggs 
Creme eggs. 

Before starting the cooking, I put the creme eggs I'm going to use in the freezer. It sounds a bit weird but it makes them really hard so they're easier to cut in half when placing them on the brownie mix. 

Step one- fill a saucepan half full of water and place a bowl over the top of it making sure the water and the bowl don't come into contact too. This is called a Bahn Marie. This technique can be used to apply a gentle, residual heat to food also without breaking or curdling them. 



Step two- Put the butter and chocolate into the bowl. I find it helpful to cube the butter and break the chocolate up into chunks. This just helps it'll melt quicker. 

Step three- Whilst the butter and chocolate are melting together I combine all the dry ingredients into the stand mixer. 

Step four- Once all the chocolate had melted I poured it into the dry mixture and mixed it all together. 

Step five- I add one egg at a time to the mixture until smooth and glossy. 

Step six- I pour the mixture into the lined baking tray and grab my creme eggs from the freezer. They aren't frozen they're just quite cold and hard. I cut them down the middle and place them in the batter. 


I only used three creme eggs and only used half the brownie batter mix too. 


Here they are after 20 minutes in the oven at 180 degrees. 

YUM! I can't wait to dig in! 

Thank you for reading this post, I really hope you liked it! Happy Easter all my love A, x. 

πŸ₯πŸ£πŸ°πŸ’πŸŒΌπŸ«

0 comments:

Post a Comment