Thursday, 14 May 2015

My breakfast smoothie bowl.

Ok so I'm going to throw my hands up and admit it. Judge me if you will but.. I am one of those people that takes pictures of their meals. Yup, before I eat,  my phone or camera creeps out and snaps a shot of what I'm eating. It winds my friends and family up no end if we go out for food and I haven't even touched it and they're digging in because I'm finding the right angles. I often document this on my Instagram which you can check out here. 


Yesterday I made myself a very yummy rainbow smoothie bowl for breakfast and I want to share it with you all! 


I found a similar recipe on Pinterest on the search 'pink smoothie bowls'.  I made a small smoothie in my breville active blender. In it I put a handful of raspberries, some Greek yoghurt, a splash of coconut milk to thin it and a teaspoon of Bioglan beetroot powder. This is naturally high in potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C. I add this to smoothies and juices because it's a great source of fibre, which my diet can be quite low in and I love it's gorgeous, vibrant red colour. 

I blended this all up until it had formed a smooth consistency. And poured the smoothie into a bowl. To be honest I'm not too sure where this craze of putting smoothies into bowls came from but it looks very pretty! 

I topped the smoothie with: 
A few thinly sliced strawberries
A few raspberries
A few blueberries 
A couple of pineapple pieces
Passionfruit seeds 
Flaked coconut

This tasted so nice and it looked really pretty too, so winner all round! I'm really getting into healthier eating so I hope to do some more posts like this. Hopefully with better information of the ingredients. I wasn't really paying a lot of attention or measuring out amounts. Next time I'll try and be better! 

Thank you so much for reading I really hope you liked this post! 

Lots of love, A. X

0 comments:

Post a Comment