Sunday, 17 May 2015

Sometimes I wish I was an octopus.

Ha ha ha no, this post isn't of those cry for help in case you're wondering if I'll be heading onto a chat show sobbing that I'm an octopus trapped inside a woman's body. I was just thinking to myself yesterday morning as I was running very late for work and I had approximately 25 minutes to get out of bed, get dressed, do my hair, do my make up, make my lunch, drive to work and remain calm and collected for a full day. Sounds doable right? Wrong. It was a push, one that made me think how much more efficient I could be if I had the use and benefit of eight  octopus tentacles...or arms i'm not fussy. 

Reading that last sentence back to myself I do realise it does look and sound like the ramblings of a mad woman but just hear me out okay?! Just think, you're in a bit of a rush in one arm (or tentacle) you can brush your hair, in another you can blow dry, apply your make up, read a book, send a tweet paint your finger nails or tentacles I don't judge but the possibilities are endless!! 


This all stems down to the fact my time management skills are so poor, I'm one of those people that either leave everything to the last minute and panic or wish there were twenty five hours in a day. I'm studying for the advanced course at my work which is the equivalent of an A Level and I found it so difficult to find the time to do it, especially after a long day at work the last thing I wanted to do was sit down and do more work for work! So I took the time out one wet weekend and did it all. All one hundred or so pages. It was long and tiring but I feel so much better knowing it's now all done and isn't weighing on my mind. I'm quite an anxious person and was supposed to go on a course day for this in London which made me feel nervous a month in advance! I like going to London don't get me wrong, but it would be quite long and tiring plus I really don't know where I'm going. So with the help of my supervisor I have had my course location changed to somewhere a lot nearer so that's made me feel a lot better! 



I haven't really been feeling myself in the last few months or so. Sometimes I have moments of self doubt as I don't feel life is going in the way I want it too. Little things like not being in my dream job nor even knowing what my dream job is yet, not being the perfect size or losing any weight to feel better and more confident in myself. But then I remember I have a lot more important things to be thankful for. I have an amazing, loving family who would do anything for me. A few best friends that I could count on one hand that can cheer me up no end. I work somewhere with a good wage and get on well with my colleagues. I have a roof over my head, running water and yummy food in my fridge so moments of self depreciation I try to remember how lucky I really am. 


Thank you all so much for reading, and always being there too. It means so much x


  

0 comments:

Post a Comment