Monday, 25 May 2015

The British Tag!

Hello you lovely little cinnamon swirls!. It is a bank holiday Monday over here in the UK today so I am enjoying a very nice day off work. I have had a long lie in bed, caught up with some tv shows I've missed, some blog and vlog catch up and just generally relaxed all day long!

So i've seen this tag floating about and wanted to give it a go as it looked quite fun, interesting and as a British person I want to see how I'd rate on an actual British tag haha!


The picture above I actually took of Bournemouth beach in Dorset, England. Sometimes I find it hard to believe there are places of such beauty in this country let alone near me as well! SO onto the questions!

How many cups of tea do you have a day? And how many sugars? 
I could drink tea all day long! But usually I have about two or three cups a day..Is that a lot? I have one in the morning when I wake up. I'll have another late afternoon at about three or four o'clock and then another cup at about eight o'clock at night. I quite like a sweet tea every now and then but I'll only ever have one or two sugars. I'm also really getting into fruity or herbal teas at the moment too my favourites being lemon and ginger which is really zingy and revitalising or white tea which is a lot more delicate and floral compared to green tea plus it has a lot more antioxidants in it compared to green tea too!

Favourite part of your roast dinner?
I'm not actually a big fan of roast dinners but I really love roast parsnips my Mum makes with honey, they are so sweet and crispy. YUM!

Favourite dunking biscuit? 
I love a good dunk every now and then. Minds out of the gutter, you. I'm talking about biscuits to dunk into tea/coffee. My favourite has to be a dark chocolate digestive. You can only dunk for about two seconds though or the biscuit will melt away and totally ruin your drink and you'll be left with mushy biscuit ick at the bottom of your mug.

Favourite quintessentially British pastime?
I really enjoy going to the pub for a few drinks with my friends. I think that's quite a British thing to do. The pub my friends and I go to, is very well priced, has a beer garden, jukebox and pool table plus two of the cutest pub dogs ever.

Favourite word? 
I really like the words bungalow or battenberg just because they're fun to say. Or Cheeky Nandos lol. Sorry I had to!

Cockney rhyming slang? 
I don't really know a lot of Cockney rhyming slang but I my Dad says some and watches Only Fools and Horses so I know 'Adam and Eve' is slang for believe and 'Apples and Pears' is slang for stairs.

Favourite sweets? 
I HAVE THE WORLDS BIGGEST SWEET TOOTH. So just imagine how hard this question is for me to just pick one! I love sour sweets like fizzy laces or fizzy rainbow belts. Wham bars are so yummy too. Or those big blue gummy dolphins. I love pick 'n' mix sweets like those!

What would your pub be called? 
Oooh such a hard yet interesting question. Whether to go for something boring and common like The Queens Arms because I'm not feeling very imaginative. Or something a bit more elaborate like The Dog in The Pond like in Hollyoaks. BUT after much deliberation I have decided on a perfect name for my Pub or Bar. I would call it The Sandcastle and it would be near the beach and the drinks would be beach themed and it'd be like summer all year round.

No. 1 British Person?
How can I not say The Queen. She is fabulous and so amazing for her age too. I HEART QUEENIE.

Favourite shop or restaurant?
My favourite shop has to be Lush. I always get such great service in there and leave with a few purchases too. It's hard to resist some of their gorgeous bath products. My favourite restaurant at the moment is probably Bills. I adore the mini cinnamon doughnuts they do. The most indulgent treat.

What British song pops into your head?
Probably a mashup of Alright by Supergrass, Parklife by Blur and Wannabe by The Spice Girls.

Marmite, love it or hate it? 
I LOVE IT.

I tag you all to take part in this if you'd like too!

Thank you so much for reading, I hope you liked this post! Love, A. x

0 comments:

Post a Comment