Sunday, 30 September 2012

Nail Rock- Spots and Stripes

So a few months ago I tried the Nail Rock nail wraps for the first time. Taken in by their vast range of designs I gave it a go!

 As you can see in the photo above I have worn the nails for a few days as they were getting chipped. Also my nail on my index finger chipped off, so I tried to paint it again in a similar way. Hopefully my next attempt at using nail wraps will be a bit better!

The steps I followed in order to try and achieve the best look with these nail wraps are as followed!-

Step one: I removed any old bits of nail varnish off my nails, pushed back cuticles and used a hand conditioner.

Step two: I shaped and filed my nails in an oval shape.

Step three: I then buffed my nails which took away the shiny surface, which also makes it easier for the wraps to stick to the nails.

Step four: After picking the wraps closest to my nail size (which can be trimmed to fit) I then carefully placed it on my nail.

Step Five: I pressed the wrap onto my nail and smoothed it from side to side, avoiding any lumps and bumps.

Step six: If any creases or lumps appear, lift the nail wrap up again stretch it back over the nail again.

Step seven: Once the wrap is stretched over the nail, use a wooden hoof stick, nail file or nail to tuck the remnants of the wrap under the nail.

Step eight: Using a nail file, file the edge of the nail in one direction which will remove the excess of the nail wrap.

Step nine: Once you've continued this for all nails, you should end up with a fab looking nails with a lovely, long lasting finish :)

Enjoy!

Thanks for reading, A x

39 comments:

  1. Nice design.*_*
    Maybe follow each other???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love the look of these! These ones are especially nice, they're so cool xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, have you tried them before?
      Love the blog

      Abbie x x

      Delete
  3. Wow those look great!!
    check out my blog
    www.georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow it's pure art! would you like to follow each other?
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. woow, love these edgy nail design, great!!!http://lynnsprettymess.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. these nails are beyonddd pretty! xx

    www.awkward-queen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great!
    maybe i will have to try them out!
    love your blog!
    would you like to follow each other?
    <3
    nailvarnishvixen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so glad you like them :D Aw thank you so much Elizabeth that's really nice to hear, and of course i'll follow you back x x

      Delete
  8. wauw beautiful! nice job :D

    X Jenny
    Rocknrollerr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, so is yours! Yeah that would be nice, I just followed back xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would be tooo complicated for me :S

    thank you for the lovely comment ! Of course we can follow each other ;)
    Just give me a sign and I'll follow you back-I promise !!! :D

    RUNWAY JUICE

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! looks great! Would you maybe like to follow each other??
    xx
    eve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! Glad you like them and yeah sure I'll follow you now xx

      Delete
  12. Thanks, I'm glad you like them :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. they look amazing x

    cath kidston giveaway : 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Blog, pretty nails

    It would be great if we could follow each other :)

    hope you enter my giveaway on my blog <3
    Blog Here

    Dont forget to follow my blog

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow these look great! :)

    thankyou for following my blog, yours is lovely and I am following back!

    www.sunbeamsanddaisydreams.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you, yours is great too xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. they look so cool! love the patterns

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks amazing! love the patterns, so cool! :) I've seen a lot of different kinds of these, but I love the style of these ones! :)
    xx, Siri
    www.SirisLife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you like them too!! There are so many different styles of nail wraps these days and these stood out to me especially xx

      Delete
  19. they look great

    http://georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't think I'd be very good at applying nail wraps but they are a lot easier than I imagined xxx

      Delete
  20. Great design dear! So fun and unique! :))

    XO,
    http://rosychicc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw thank you, that's so nice to hear :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look so cool! Theres nothing I like more at the moment than nails that colour co-ordinated but different patterns.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow these look so funky and cool! Love them!

    www.rebeccacoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete