HI!
I remember when I first turned my hand to trying to do some artsy things on my nails. I thought they looked really rubbish and I'd never be able to create interesting looks or designs. However after a lot of trying and many hours I think I have improved dramatically.
Whenever I post a nail art post I often get people commenting about how they feel they can't reproduce something similar. I am nowhere near an expert I have too much time on my hands and far too many polishes/nail pens!
I have compiled some cool nail art designs which I think are quite easy to do and replicate.
So I'm going to start off with the easiest of them all. A simple glitter tip. It takes next to no time to do and it always looks so cool.
 |
| I started off with a plain white base. I used a Barry M nail paint in the shade Matt White. |
 |
| I then used a glittery gold polish and swept the brush across the end of the nail. |
 |
| The polishes I used. |
Tuxedo nails.
 |
| Start off with a black base. |
 |
| Draw a V shape at the top of the nail using either a nail art pen or you can use a toothpick dipped in white nail polish to create the same effect. |
 |
| Then fill in the v shape to create a thick white colour inside the V. |
 |
| I used a white nail art pen, the nib tool to draw two squiggly lines either side of the V to create the look of lapels. Then used a dotting tool to create the look of buttons down the black part of the suit. |
 |
To add to the effect of the tuxedo. In the V shape, I drew a bowtie and some shirt buttons with a black nail art pen. To draw the bowtie I slowly drew opposing triangles to create the look of it.
Galaxy nails |
For this look I started with a black base on the nail. I then used an old make up sponge which I have cut up into small pieces to make it easier to use.
 |
| Holding the sponge piece with a pair of tweezers I dipped the corner in some white nail polish. |
 |
| I then sponged the white polish in a slight curved line across the painted black nail. |
 |
| Then I used a light blue colour in the middle of the white stripe. And then a dark blue colour around the edges the stripe. |
 |
| At this point I didn't think it was going well. So i added a bit more white and then blended it out with the light and dark blue. Do this until you reach the colours you like. |
 |
| Once I was happy with the way it looked I used a white dotting pen. I did a mix of smaller and bigger dots to create the look of stars and moons. |
 |
Once I thought it was dry I put a silver and glitter coat over the top. The white spots weren't quite dry so it smudged. I thought it looked better that way however as it looks more like a shooting star.
Penguin Nails |
 |
| I started off with a black base and then using a dotting tool I drew a semi circle like shape at the bottom of the nail. |
 |
| Above the white oval shape I dotted two white circles to create the look of eyes. |
 |
| I then used a black dotting tool in the middle of the white dots to make eyes. |
 |
| I don't have an orange dotting tool. So i improvised using the Barry M gelly hi shine nail paint in the colour Mango and an old kirby grip. |
 |
Using the kirby grip carefully I drew a triangle stretching from the eyes to the tip of the white oval shape to make a nose. And two small semi circles at the bottom to create little feet.
|
Cartoon Nails
 |
| I started off with a red base colour. I used two coats for this to give it a rich, even colour. |
 |
After the red layers dried I went around the edges carefully with a black nail art pen drawing a medium thickness black line.
|
Wait for this to dry..
 |
| I then used a white nail art pen and drew a dot at the bottom and a slightly curved white line above to create the look of an artificial shine. |
I then went over this with a matte finish polish to get rid of any natural shine.
 |
et voila!
If any of you use these tutorials I'd love it if you got in touch and let me know how you found it!
Thanks for reading, I really hope you liked this post! Love, A x |
0 comments:
Post a Comment