Happy Easter everyone and nothing says Happy Easter quite like a decadent day of non stop chocolate eating (and celebrating the rise of Jesus Christ too of course!)
So today being Easter Sunday we had a lazy day at home which was really nice as I'd been working a lot recently so haven't had time to do things that I'd been putting off and hadn't had time to do.
As an Easter treat I decided to make creme egg brownies! I love brownies and I love creme eggs I've never tried the two together but I've seen it everywhere and wanted to give it a go!
Ingredients you will need:
250g unsalted butter
200g dark chocolate
80g cocoa powder
65g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
360g caster sugar
4 large eggs
Creme eggs.
Before starting the cooking, I put the creme eggs I'm going to use in the freezer. It sounds a bit weird but it makes them really hard so they're easier to cut in half when placing them on the brownie mix.
Step one- fill a saucepan half full of water and place a bowl over the top of it making sure the water and the bowl don't come into contact too. This is called a Bahn Marie. This technique can be used to apply a gentle, residual heat to food also without breaking or curdling them.
Step two- Put the butter and chocolate into the bowl. I find it helpful to cube the butter and break the chocolate up into chunks. This just helps it'll melt quicker.
Step three- Whilst the butter and chocolate are melting together I combine all the dry ingredients into the stand mixer.
Step four- Once all the chocolate had melted I poured it into the dry mixture and mixed it all together.
Step five- I add one egg at a time to the mixture until smooth and glossy.
Step six- I pour the mixture into the lined baking tray and grab my creme eggs from the freezer. They aren't frozen they're just quite cold and hard. I cut them down the middle and place them in the batter.
I only used three creme eggs and only used half the brownie batter mix too.
Here they are after 20 minutes in the oven at 180 degrees.
Thank you for reading this post, I really hope you liked it! Happy Easter all my love A, x.
π₯π£π°ππΌπ«







0 comments:
Post a Comment