Banana face mask
Especially effective for oily skin types
To make the face mask you will need: |
1 Banana, preferably ripened
2 tablespoons of honey
An orange or a lemon (I prefer lemon)
First mash up the banana and then mix in the honey. To have the best results blend the ingredients. Then add a few drops of juice from a lemon or an orange. Apply to your face for a maximum of 15 minutes, wash off when done with warm water then apply moisturizer as you would normally.
Aspirin and lemon juice mask
Especially good for acne
To make the mask you will need:
3-6 aspirin
1 lemon
Baking soda
1 cup/glass or something similar to crush the aspirin up in
Warm honey or a natural oil like coconut, olive or almond
Shallow dish
Crush the aspirin into small pieces and place in the dish. Squeeze the lemon juice on top so the aspirin starts to dissolve, forming a paste. If you have quite dry skin add the honey or oil now, but if you have a more oily skin tone skip that part and perhaps add more drops of lemon juice instead. Apply to your face, once the mask has dried, with a wet flannel/cloth which has been dipped in baking soda.
Strawberry, honey and brown sugar mask
Also good for acne sufferers.
To make the mask you will need:
6 fresh strawberries
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
De-stem the strawberries then cut them up into small pieces. Create a pulp/mush from the strawberries by mashing them up together. Then add the lemon juice, brown sugar and honey. Stir until combined. If you want you could add more of any of the ingredients to create a consistency you like. Apply to your face for 10 minutes and remove with a warm wet washcloth.
Avocado and lemon mask
To make the mask you will need:
1 Avocado
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of avocado oil
cornstarch if needed
Firstly, carefully peel the avocado and pit it. Puree the avocado whilst stirring in the the lemon juice and avocado oil. If at this point the mixture is too runny then add in some cornstarch. Spread the mask on your face, carefully avoiding the eye area. Leave for 15-20 mins and then wash off with warm water.
A face mask for sensitive skin
Cucumber and yoghurt face mask
Use about a third of a cucumber and puree it. Then pop it into a blender along with a heaped tablespoon of yoghurt, once fully blended apply to your face for about 15 mins then wash off with warm water.
Thanks for reading A. x




These sound really good! I might just have to try one. I love making my own face masks! <3
ReplyDeletexx Brooklyn xx
littleredbowtie.blogspot.com
aw me too, if you try it, let me know if you liked it or not xx
DeleteI need to try the one for sensitive skin :)
ReplyDeleteFollow you with gfc and bloglovin'.
golden-ivy.blogspot.com
If you try it, I'd love to know whether you liked it or not. Aw thank you! xx
DeleteI've tried the aspirin one and it was brilliant! I'll have to have a go at the others now :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my page, I'm following you now :)
Carrie
xxxx
http://carriebrighton.blogspot.com
if you do, I'd love to know what you thought of them :) Thanks Carrie :) xxx
Deletei'm going to have to try that banana mask! great post.
ReplyDeletei'm now following you on gfc - hope you do the same.
love from across the pond, www.vicariousLA.com
please do! And let me know whether you like it or not? Aw thanks I'll follow you back now too xx
Deletethe strawberry one sounds great!! great post hun <3 <3
ReplyDeletehttp://stylingbyjong.blogspot.co.uk/
thanks! I'll follow you back xx
DeleteLove these recipes, I am definitely gonna try the banana face mask as I have everything in already :)
ReplyDeleteI'm now following you on GFC and bloglovin, hope you can check out my blog and if you like it maybe follow back
Angela x
http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk
Aw thanks Angela, if you try it i'd love to know what you thought of it so please get back to me? Thank you i'll follow you back too x
ReplyDeleteI just bookmarked this post so I can try out a mask soon. I may do the banana or aspirin mask this week.
ReplyDeleteIf you like making your own at home products, I have a post on my favorite lip scrub that I like to make:
Fairest's Favorites lip scrub
Aw thanks Nikki, I'll be sure to check out your posts too! If you do try it, I'd love to know what you thought of it too? xx
DeleteI will definitely have to try some of these! I've bookmarked the page to remind me :)
ReplyDeletehttp://hidbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/
Aw thank you! If you do try them, I'd love it if you let me know what you thought of them? xx
Delete