Hello! Happy 1st of October, is it me or is 2013 flying by?!
Removing normal nail varnish can be a labourious task at the best of times but when you throw a glitter nail varnish into the mix you are sat there scrubbing away at your nails having gone through a hefty amount of cotton pads and nail varnish remover.
There must be an easier way surely?? I love the look of glittery nail polishes but I have to admit that the long task of taking off the nail polish puts me off the idea of wearing it altogether.
I have found a few ways that help make it a lot easier and quicker!
Firstly the tin foil method.
What you do is soak a cotton pad in nail varnish remover and wrap it tightly around your nail. Then you wrap some tin foil around this and leave for 10 minutes. By the time its done you take it off and it should leave you with a lovely clean nail, if not the remnants should come off a lot easier. This method is also used to remove the long lasting shellac nails.
Make a glitter polish sandwich
To make it easier to take off make sure you have applied a base coat and a layer of top coat. This will make it a little bit easier to remove as you won't be directly rubbing the glitter.
Use a different material
Using a different material instead of cotton wool pads can help make it easier to remove glitter polishes. Using an old pair of tights can be good as absorb less of the remover so more will go on your nails. Any old fabrics is good too say like an old cloth or an old flannel. Similarly felt is also a good option, if you use a white coloured one so the colours won't transfer, as it won't absorb a lot of the remover like the tights and it also won't transfer any fibres or lumps like cotton pads often do.
Thanks for reading, I hope this'll help! Love, a x
Tuesday, 1 October 2013
Removing glitter nail varnish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.
BLOG ARCHIVES
-
▼
2013
(130)
-
▼
October
(18)
- Halloween make up!!
- Sunshine award #2 yay
- I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octo...
- My 'I spent too much, payday is too far away and n...
- OOTD
- Nails, nails, nails!
- Barry M eye shadow palette
- About Time
- Halloween nails
- Sunshine award
- Chelsea Doll wishlist
- Hollywood nails
- University.
- New hair
- Versatile blogger award
- I'VE CHANGED MY BLOG NAME AGAIN
- Boots,Superdrug and New Look haul
- Removing glitter nail varnish
-
▼
October
(18)
All rights reserved ///| Designed by Don't Tell Anyone Arts




This is so helpful! Taking off glitter nail polish is one of the things I hate most in life, will definitely try this out next time.
ReplyDeletexx
Thanks Rachel! Yes me too, it takes forever and is so messy! xx
DeleteI love glitter nail polish but it's such a nightmare to remove, great tips :) x
ReplyDeletehttp://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk
It really is, thank you. I hope they come in handy for you Heidi! x
DeleteThis is such a handy tip! I actually get put off putting glitter polish on because it's so hard to get off! Your newest follower :) xxx
ReplyDeleteThank you, yes me too! Thank you I'll head on over to your page now xx
DeleteThis is very helpful! I am currently wearing some lovely glitter polish and have been dreading taking it off :)
ReplyDeleteLulu xx
http://luluslittlebiglife.blogspot.com.au
Thank you, I hope it helps! xx
DeleteLovely blog!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the follow! I'm following you back on bloglovin and gogle friend! Do you follow me on google friend? caixaseetiquetas.blogspot.com.br
Thank you dear!
Thank you x
Delete